Slow Cooker Chili Lime Pulled Pork Tacos
Do you ever get an urge to really clean your house? I don’t mean just your usual dusting and vacuuming, but a REALLY good cleaning? I officially declare this past weekend Spring Cleaning Weekend. That’s what went down in this house. We dusted everything, scrubbed the kitchen and bathrooms. I even cleaned all of the baseboards. Holy dust, Batman! I washed all the rugs and blankets. Now I just have to re-organize our pantry and I think I will feel complete.
I also spent a good part of Friday and Saturday night going through the monstrous stack of cooking magazines I have collected over the last few years. Seriously, I had magazines going back to 2008. I went through each one and pulled out all of the recipes I wanted. Then I got a binder and page protectors and got to work on making my cooking magazine cookbook. The old magazines get to be hauled down to the recycle bin by my poor husband. Hope he doesn’t break his back carrying them down the stairs.
With all the cleaning happening, I wasn’t feeling up to making a big dinner. A slow cooker meal was definitely in order. We love Mexican food in this house. We could probably eat it everyday and be really happy. Instead of our usual chicken or beef tacos, I opted for pork this time around. This was a great meal to eat after all the cleaning!
- 2 lbs. boneless pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups beer (pale ale, I used Corona; or 2 cups chicken broth)
- toppings: cheese, sour cream, avocado, black beans
- Add the pork shoulder to a slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, chili powder, salt, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Pour the spice mixture over the pork. Add the beer to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- When the pork is done, remove the meat from the slow cooker onto a cutting board or dish and shred with a fork. Add the meat back into the slow cooker to soak up all of the juice. Serve in warmed tortillas with desired taco toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 5.6gSaturated Fat: 1.9gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 5.3gSugar: .4gProtein: 40.3g