Pumpkin Energy Bites
It’s November! What’s happening?! My favorite month of October went by too fast. Work has been so busy and I had a conference last weekend. We had a good Halloween. Madeline was Minnie Mouse, but she hates wearing anything on her head so she refused to wear her Minnie ears. She still looked adorable in her pink polka dot dress though! This was also her first time trick-or-treating. It took her a few times to warm up to the idea of knocking on stranger’s doors and she was over it in 45 minutes, but it was still a fun time!
You guys love my original no-bake energy bites, so I made this pumpkin version last month as I had a bit of pumpkin puree to use up. These energy bites contain no butter, oil, or sugar. They are sweetened with dates and a bit of honey. You can mix these up in one of two ways, in a bowl (as pictured) or in a food processor if you want to break up the oats more. Either way, these bites are the best fall snack packed with protein and fiber. If you aren’t a fan of pepitas or can’t find them, you can swap for sliced almonds or chopped pecans or walnuts.
- 1 packed cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Add the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia or flax seeds, and spices to a food processor. Process until the mixture is mostly smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl along with the oats and pepitas and stir until combined. Alternately, add the oats and pepitas to the food processor and process until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Form the the mixture into 10-12 balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serving Size:1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g