No-Bake Banana Energy Bites
My original No-Bake Energy Bites have been quite popular on this blog and for good reason! First, they are ridiculously yummy and nutritious and secondly, you don’t have to bake them! So since I know so many of you guys like those, I have been trying to come up with more no-bake energy bite recipes.
This banana version is similar to the original recipe, but obviously, it uses banana! These are a great treat to eat before a workout or to take to work as a quick snack. They are also pretty kid-friendly so you can pack ’em for lunches or snacks! I think they are also sweet enough to enjoy at night as a little treat.
Since they are no-bake, you can experiment with add-ins. More nuts, chocolate chips, more or less agave, chia seeds, whatever you want to try!
- 3/4 cup quick oats (use gluten-free oats if you want to for these to be gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour or almond flour (use almond flour for gluten-free)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (you can also use honey or maple syrup)(can adjust if desired)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, and the salt and set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, almond butter, agave, and the coconut oil. Add the dry ingredients. Stir in the chia seeds, flax, and the nuts. Cover and refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls about 1-1 1/2-inch in diameter.
- Place the bites into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
These are really best eaten cold as they can lose their shape and texture if they get too warm.
Serving Size:1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g