No-Churn Blackberry Ice Cream
It’s Monday. We need ice cream to get through the week and this is the easiest ice cream ever!
You’ve probably seen no-churn ice cream recipes all over the web recently. The base recipe is pretty standard: heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. From there, the possibilities are endless! I see a lot of people say this really isn’t ice cream and all that, and technically, they are right I suppose. However, this is an excellent alternative for those who don’t have an ice cream maker or if you are short on time! Truthfully though, no-churn ice cream can be just as creamy and delicious as traditional ice cream and it will certainly satisfy your ice cream cravings!
Today’s version is all about blackberry! This ice cream is so creamy and perfect and the blackberry flavor really comes through. And best of all, it seriously only takes about 10 minutes to mix up! I left some seeds in mine, but honestly, I’m just not a fan of the larger seeds that blackberries have so next time I am going to try to keep them all out. If you don’t mind them though, feel free to skip that step! Although the flavor is obviously the most important part here, I can’t get over this gorgeous purple color! I sprinkled chopped dark chocolate on top. I would have rather just mixed the chocolate in in the first place, but my husband has a texture thing and wanted it plain, but I highly recommend adding dark chocolate too!
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Add the blackberries to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. To remove the seeds, pour the puree through a fine mesh sieve, discard seeds. Set puree aside.
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the heavy cream and mix on medium-high until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Gently fold in the condensed milk and blackberry puree until well-combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chunks (if using). Pour the mixture into a container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 29mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 20g Protein: 4g
Check out my other recipe for no-churn ice cream – No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream