No-Churn Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
It’s been getting pretty hot in the OC and my girls have been asking me to make some ice cream. Since I’m lazy and don’t feel like digging out my ice cream maker, I pretty much only make no-churn ice cream. They only require a base of two very simple ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream. The possibilities from there are truly endless!
Some of our favorites have been No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream, No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream (my personal fave!), and my No-Churn Blackberry Ice Cream. Maddie has recently discovered her love for all things cookies and cream so I decided that would be our newest creation!
I cannot even tell you how decadent this ice cream is! The cocoa powder and cookie chunks just take it over the top and it is pure heaven! It’s pretty rich, which is a good thing because just a cup serving is more than enough!
To start, you will need about 25 chocolate sandwich cookies. You can add more or less, but 25 will give you plenty of cookie pieces to bite into. I like to add the cookies to a freezer bag and then use my rolling pin to sort of crumble and crush them up. You don’t want the mixture to be all crumbs, you will want to leave some chunkier pieces intact. If you want mostly larger chunks, then skip the freezer bag and just roughly chop them up on a cutting board.
Whip up the heavy cream until soft peaks form and fold in the condensed milk, followed by the cocoa powder and cookie pieces and that’s all you need to do! This was ready for the freezer in about 10 minutes. You will want to freeze the mixture for a good 4 hours, if not overnight. You also might want to take the ice cream out and let it sit for about 10 minutes for so it’s easier to scoop!
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the whole chocolate sandwich cookies into a freezer bag. Use a rolling pin to crush and crumble the cookies up, leaving some larger chunks intact. Alternatively, you can chop them roughly on a cutting board into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer and whip until the cream is stiffened and small peaks form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the cocoa powder. Stir until well-combined. Fold in the crushed sandwich cookies.
- Transfer the mixture into a container. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours (or overnight). Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g