No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Okay, we are going to discuss a very important topic in today’s post. Cookie Dough Ice Cream. I mean, is there even anything more important in life than cookie dough? Cookie dough ice cream is most definitely my favorite ice cream flavor.
The biggest problem with so many different cookie dough ice creams out there though is the complete lack of cookie dough in the ice cream. There is nothing worse than buying cookie dough ice cream and having to dig for cookie dough as if you’re digging for fossils. WHERE IS THE COOKIE DOUGH?!!
I’ve been wanting to make my own cookie dough ice cream for a long time. But, then my ice cream maker attachment bowl sprung a leak and I’ve been too cheap and lazy to buy a new one, but guess what? You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this ice cream! The base is so incredible simple: heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. Seriously, that’s it, well, and a touch of vanilla.
Let’s talk about this ice cream though – you guys, its LOADED with cookie dough pieces in every single bite. No more digging around for cookie dough here.
It may seem like there’s a lot of steps here, but I promise you this ice cream is really very easy.
One thing to note about the cookie dough itself – While there are no eggs in the recipe, if you are worried about any risks associated with eating raw flour, you will see I’ve included the instructions on how to heat the flour in the oven before preparing the dough. If you aren’t super concerned about this, feel free to skip this step!
This is exactly how cookie dough ice cream should be. If you are a cookie dough ice cream lover, this ice cream will make all of your cookie dough dreams come true!
For the cookie dough:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the ice cream:
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread the flour out into an even layer on the cookie sheet. Heat the flour for about 5 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before preparing dough. Set the cookie sheet aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat in the vanilla extract and the salt. Then mix in the flour until well-combined. Pour in the milk and mix thoroughly. Mix in 2/3 cup of the mini chocolate chips until well-combined.
3. Turn out the dough onto the cookie sheet. Use a spatula to press down and spread the dough into an even layer, about 1/3-inch thick. Stick the cookie sheet into the freezer and freeze for about 15 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, pour in the heavy cream. Use a hand mixer and whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form, about 10-13 minutes. Then mix in the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
5. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer. Use knife or your hands, crumble the dough up into small bite size pieces.
6. Pour the cookie dough pieces into the whipped cream mixture along with the remaining chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Transfer the mixture into a container and cover with a lid. Freeze for at least 6 hours. Serve!
Serving Size:about 2/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 76mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 5g