Easy Chicken Parmesan
Shortcuts are pretty much my best friend these days. I’m just too tired to make a big fancy meal, especially after working all day. I have no shame when it comes to kitchen shortcuts. You just have to use them sometimes! One of my new favorite secret weapons?
Foster Farms Crispy Strips. Don’t get me wrong, I love to make Chicken Parm from scratch with my homemade sauce that simmers for hours, but we don’t all always have time for such things! This Easy Chicken Parm recipe is a great alternative to making it all from scratch. You don’t have to worry about defrosting the chicken, breading it, cooking it, and all that jazz. I really like the Foster Farms Crispy Strips. I’m usually very picky about frozen chicken, but I was pleased with the quality and flavor and I like that the strips are also all natural.
While I didn’t use my usual tomato sauce recipe, I did still mix up a semi-homemade version that was ready in about 20 minutes. If you are still looking to cut down on time, you can also use your favorite jarred sauce. This is a great recipe to have on hand that the whole family can enjoy and it’s ready in a flash. Serve it with a side of pasta and a salad and dinner is ready!
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 large can (about 29 oz.) plain tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
For the chicken:
- 1 (24 oz.) bag Foster Farms Crispy Strips
- tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or slices)
- To make the sauce, add the sauce to a pan and heat over medium heat. Stir in the minced garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper, basil, and oregano. Bring the sauce to a light boil, cover, and lower the heat. Let the sauce simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- For the chicken, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay the chicken strips out on the pan. Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven. Spoon some of the sauce on top of each piece so they are well-covered by the sauce. Sprinkle some of the Parmesan on top of each piece, followed by the mozzarella cheese. Place the chicken back in the oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
If you plan to serve the chicken with pasta, I recommend making extra of the tomato sauce.
Serving Size:3 strips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 1001mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Foster Farms. I was compensated for my time to create the recipe and all opinions of the product are my own.