Pumpkin Mug Cake
Someone pass me all of the cake. I need more cake. Now at 38 weeks pregnant, to say I am so ready for this baby to get here is an understatement. I’m officially uncomfortable. I feel so swollen and my feet can barely fit into even just a pair of sandals! The worst part now? My hands going numb. Seriously, this is the worst. And they don’t just go numb, they also just hurt and feel so sore, especially at night and especially when I lie down. This of course means that sleeping is no longer enjoyable. I know I should just get used to it, but it would be nice to get at least a few more good sleeps in before the baby comes! I’ve resorted to sleeping in a recliner as it helps a little bit, but it’s not the same. I want sleep, hands that do not go numb, and cake.
Let’s talk more about cake. This pumpkin mug cake. First, I love a good mug cake because they take just a few minutes to make and it makes just enough for one serving so I’m not left pulling a Miranda à la Sex and the City where I lose all self-control and keeping going back for more. This pumpkin version is perfect for the season. It’s warm and comforting with just the right amount of sweetness. Really, the perfect quick dessert to eat while snuggled up in a warm sweater or blanket!
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- powdered sugar, chopped walnuts or pecans, whipped cream (for garnish)
- In a mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and the pumpkin pie spice. Then whisk in the pumpkin puree, milk, vanills, and the vegetable oil until well-combined. Make sure you mix well all the way down to the bottom of the mug.
- Place the mug into the microwave and cook on high for about 1 minute and 20 seconds (see note) or until the cake is cooked through. Top with powdered sugar and chopped nuts, or whipped cream!
Please note that every microwave is different, so depending on the watts and power, you may need to adjust the time. Mine is 1800w so it is more powerful. If yours is less, you may need to cook a little longer. It may also take a few tries to figure out the optimal time for you.