Easter Bunny Dirt Cups
Dirt cups are basically the classic kid-friendly dessert. What’s not to love about them? Chocolate pudding and Oreo cookie crumbs with candy toppings? I mean, they are also pretty adult-friendly too.
Maddie and I made these sweet little Easter Bunny dirt cups last weekend and I’m just obsessed with how adorable they are! I’m not a fan of Peep-anything, but those little bunnies are so adorable and made for topping these dirt cups! These little cups are pretty easy to make once you get all of your ingredients prepped.
I used Instant pudding, but you can make it from scratch if you’d rather do that. I used 9-ounce clear plastic cups for serving. It’s a big serving for a kid though so if you are planning to make these for younger kids, I’d see if you can find something a little bit smaller to serve them in.
The grass is just shredded coconut with a couple of drops of green dye. Of course, this is a fun dessert to make with your kids. They can spoon the pudding and Oreo crumbs into the cups and can have fun decorating the tops however they please! While I love the bunnies on top, the Peeps chicks would also be really cute! I’m just obsessed with how colorful and fun these dirt cups are!
Easter Bunny Dirt Cups
- 5.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix (1 box)
- 2 cups milk
- 14 Oreo cookies, creme removed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- green food dye
- short plastic cups or serving cups
- 4 bunny Peeps
- M&M’s chocolate eggs (or Cadbury mini eggs)
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk in a large bowl for about 2 minutes. Let set, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Oreo cookies to a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin until they are crumbs (or add to a food processor). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut and a couple of drops of the green food dye. Stir together until the coconut is fully green (you can add more dye as needed).
- Spoon some of the pudding into each serving cup, followed by the Oreo crumbs (or do more smaller layers if desired), more pudding, and then sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top. Stick a Peeps bunny on top of the crumbs and push down gently. Sprinkle some of the coconut grass and then place a few of the chocolate eggs around the bunny. Chill and serve.
I used 9-ounce cups for these. It’s a big serving for kids. If I were giving these to young children/toddlers, I’d recommend a smaller cup and you will then get more than 4 servings! :)