Chai Spice Spritz Cookies
I am incredibly honored to be participating in the OXO Bake a Difference campaign for Cookies for Cancer again this year. OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post dedicated to this campaign in the month of September. In addition to these donations, OXO will also be donating 25 cents to pediatric cancer research when you all buy specially marked products as a part of their goal of raising up to $100,000 to Cookies’ for Kids Cancer! So after you guys read this post, it would be wonderful if you could click over the OXO website and purchase some of these special products. Just look for products with this green sticker:
This year, I chose to make spritz cookies. I’ve never made them, but have always wanted to try them because of all of the fun shapes! My friends at OXO were so kind to send a fun little package to get me started including their fancy cookie press and some great spatulas!
I’m a big fan of chai anything. Chai tea lattes are a definitely favorite drink of mine! I recently realized that I have only had about two chai recipes on this blog! What’s up with that? This had to be fixed so I decided to make some chai spice spritz cookies! I was actually surprised how easy these were to make. The cookie press made it so simple and I could definitely see myself making more spritz cookies for the upcoming holiday season. These little chai spiced cookies are perfect for the fall with a cup of coffee or tea. I know a lot of people like to decorate their spritz cookies, but I decided to leave these plain because I thought they were plenty cute on their own! You could certainly do some icing if you wanted to though!
Chai Spice Spritz Cookies
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened
1 cupgranulated sugar
1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, all of the spices, and the salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugar until well-combined. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined. Add some of the dough to your cookie press fitted with desired discs and press cookies onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges. Let cool before decorating (if desired).
Base cookie recipe from WiltonAll images and text ©