The Lip Smacker Burger
There are a number of things that my husband and I miss about living in Tallahassee. It’s a much smaller town compared to Phoenix obviously, but it had its charms. It was my home for 11 years while I completed both my undergraduate and graduate degrees so obviously we miss being around so many crazy Seminole fans! We miss the weather with rainy summer days and cold winter nights. We miss how quick and easy it was to get around. And then there are the restaurants. Our favorite burger place? Monks. Everybody loves Monks and it’s mostly because of their burgers.
I guess if I had to say I had any pregnancy cravings, I would say burgers might be one of them. I definitely get cravings for red meat. It must be the iron. I learned early on in this pregnancy that I could not stand taking prenatal vitamins with iron as they were making me feel really sick so I had to find vitamins without it. Now all my iron has to come from food. Enter burgers!
So the Lip Smacker Burger from Monks. I’m pretty sure it’s their most popular burger. You’ve got a delicious burger topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, and…peanut butter. Yes, peanut butter. The very first time I saw it on the menu, I thought it seemed a little strange and wasn’t quite sure about how it would taste, but then everyone started talking about it. So on our next trip, we got ourselves a Lip Smacker Burger. And it wasn’t weird. Not at all. In fact, it was ridiculously good. Trust me when I say that peanut butter and burgers totally work together. You can even add some jelly if you are feeling extra adventurous! Now that we are living in Phoenix, we have to make our own Lip Smackers. While we certainly miss getting them from Monks, we can still satisfy our cravings right at home!
The Lip Smacker Burger
Yield: About 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- About 1 pound lean ground beef or sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning (can add more if desired)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- peanut butter
- jelly of your choice (optional)
- 4 hambuger buns
- Put the ground beef in a large bowl. Add the Worcestershire sauce along with the steak seasoning. Using clean hands or a spoon, mix the seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in with the meat until well-combined. Form the meat into 4 even-sized patties.
- Heat grill over medium high heat. Place burgers onto grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked to your desired doneness. During the last few minutes of cooking, place the cheese slices on top of each burger to melt.
- On each bun, layer the burgers followed by the cooked bacon slices. Spread peanut butter on the top of each bun (and jelly if you want!). Serve!
5 Responses to “The Lip Smacker Burger”
Pingback: 20 Mouthwatering Cheeseburger Recipes