Strawberry Agua Fresca
In Spanish, Agua Fresca means “fresh water”. Agua Fresca is a perfect summer drink that is non-alcoholic and super refreshing! I like to think of it as an alternative to lemonade, except less labor intensive and less sugary which kind of makes it my favorite thing right now! This agua fresca only contains a handful of ingredients: fresh strawberries, water, lime juice, and a touch of sugar!
We are in the middle of the worst time of year for living in Phoenix. It’s still so hot and per usual, I’m already thinking about fall while I know most of you are still soaking up every bit of summer you can get! Either way, I want a huge pitcher of this strawberry agua fresca. It’s so refreshing and I sometimes to prefer it to lemonade since it contains less sugar and I don’t have to sit there and squeeze lemons all the live long day. Strawberries are still so gorgeous right now, I cannot get enough! This is a great drink to serve for the whole family on a hot summer day. I recommend making a triple batch for a party!
- about 2 pints (or 5 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled
- about 4 cups water (can adjust)
- 1/2 cup sugar (can also adjust)
- 2 limes, juiced
- Place the strawberries into a blender with about 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Place a fine mesh sieve over a pitcher or bowl. Pour the puree in batches into the sieve and press with a spatula. Discard the solids and repeat until all of the puree is strained.
- Pour the remaining water into the picher. Stir in the sugar and lime juice. You can adjust the flavor by adding more water, more or less lime juice, more or less sugar, etc. to achieve desired taste. Chill or or serve over ice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 0g