Low-Fat Buffalo Chicken Bites
With less than a week to go until the Super Bowl, I thought I would share a couple of recipes this week that you can make for your parties! Now, I have to admit that I could give two craps about the Super Bowl. Just not into it. But, any excuse to get together with friends and eat a bunch of food sounds good to me! And hey, at least the commercials are fun! You’ve heard me say before that my darling husband is a buffalo chicken fanatic. I have a few buffalo chicken recipes in my arsenal, but I wanted to make something new that was more of an appetizer. These buffalo chicken bites did the trick! They were tasty, easy to make, and low in fat! You should totally add these to your Super Bowl menu!!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 3 ounces fat-free or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (depending on how much buffalo flavor you want)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- Optional: 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and the buffalo sauce (and onion, if using).
- Add the flour, eggs, and panko to three shallow bowls. Take the chicken mixture and roll into 1 1/2-2 inch balls (I made mine way too big, they were more like 3 bites!). Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, and then the panko. Place on a baking sheet and spray around each ball with olive oil spray (this helps brown the panko crumbs) and bake for about 15 minutes, then turn the balls over and bake for another 5 or 10 minutes until they are golden brown. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping!!
Serving Size:1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g