Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
It’s almost time for the big game and while this was a weird sports season this year, why wouldn’t we want to celebrate with our usual Super Bowl feast?! I almost forgot it was even happening until my husband asked what the menu plan was for this important day of eats.
I’m serving up a platter of these scrumptious Buffalo Chicken Meatballs this year! My husband loves and adores all things buffalo sauce so he was pretty excited when I was mixing these up. The best part about them is that they are stupid easy to prepare and are so flavorful! Perfect for any game day spread when you are also trying to make other things at the same time. They come together in less than 10 minutes.
I think they are best served as is with a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing on top, but you could also serve them with little slider buns if desired!
- If you want more buffalo flavor, you can add additional sauce to the meatball mixture from 1/4 cup to up to a 1/2 cup.
- Heat the remaining buffalo sauce before you toss the cooked meatballs in it at the end to keep them nice and warm when serving.
- Serve the meatballs with ranch and/or blue cheese dressing on the side if serving to a larger number of people. You can also drizzle dressing on top of the meatballs, but I wouldn’t do this unless you are sure everybody who will eat them likes ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Not a fan of buffalo sauce? Swap it for your preferred BBQ sauce!
- I get about 15 meatballs of out this recipe using a medium cookie scoop. The meatballs take about 2-3 bites to eat. You can make them even smaller to one bite-size if desired, but be mindful that the cooking time will need to be shortened.
- If you want to keep the meatballs warm while serving, serve them in a slow cooker on the warm setting with additional buffalo sauce.
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- sliced green onion
- ranch and/or blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and 1/4 cup of the buffalo sauce. Mix until well-combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (or about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll with your hands) and divide the chicken mixture into about 15 evenly-sized balls. Bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted reads 165 degrees F.
- Pour the remaining buffalo sauce into a bowl and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Gently toss the cooked meatballs in the buffalo sauce. Arrange in a bowl or platter with toothpicks. Drizzle ranch or blue cheese dressing on top if desired or serve on the side for dipping. Garnish with sliced green onion.
Serving Size:1 meatball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g