Easy Bean Dip
It’s September and it’s officially the start of my favorite time of year! Aside from it being my birthday month, it’s also the start of football season! And you know what that means! Game Day = Food.
And what screams game day food more than a good warm and cheesy dip?! And best of all this bean dip only requires a few simple ingredients to make – refried beans, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and spices!
This bean dip takes about 5 minutes to mix up and then just bakes in the oven until warm and the cheese is melted!
So I actually made this dip a bit lighter than other bean dips. First, I used fat free refried beans. In place of regular cream cheese, I used neufchatel cheese which is also lower in fat. Of course, you can use regular refried beans and regular plain cheese if you prefer. But, this dip comes under 200 calories for a good sized portion so I prefer to keep it light!
I added a bit of cumin and garlic powder for some extra flavor and you can feel free to add more or less of the spices like chili powder if you’d like!
My husband and I couldn’t stop eating this dip and it’s truly the perfect party dip for any occasion!
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat free refried beans
- 1 (8-ounce) block neufchatel cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, add the beans, neufchatel cheese, spices, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir or beat until well-combined.
- Transfer the dip to a cast iron pan or 8x8 baking dish and spread into an ever layer. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the dip is hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips or sliced veggies.
Serving Size:1/6th (dip only)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g