Lemon Rosemary White Bean Dip
Good morning, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! We went to my mom’s for the weekend and had a great time visiting with family from out of town. I spent most of Saturday afternoon making manicotti shells for our Easter feast. 40 shells. One.At.A.Time. But, it was so worth it because the meal was so delicious!
I also tried to take some photos of some of the desserts we made. Taking photos outside your own home is a little tough. This was especially difficult with my mom and brother trying to help style my photos. “No, Mom, the random pair of decorative Chinese slippers you found in the hutch do not go with my strawberry pie just because they are red.” And, “No, Mike, the mini Cinderella pumpkin carriage does not go with my pie either.” Umm…yeah…
Let’s move to this dip for now. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m a snacker. I also love dip. Hummus is definitely one of my faves. I had a craving for some last week, but I had no chick peas. I did have some white beans though. Why the heck not? This dip is lemony, garlicky, so yummy, and ready in a flash. White beans are perfect for dips because they get all smooth and creamy. Serve the dip with veggies, pretzels, or crackers.
- 1 can white beans, drained (can use cannelini or northern beans)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2-3 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the beans, garlic cloves, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle the olive oil into the bowl. Add in the rosemary and salt and pepper to taste, blend until combined. Add more olive oil if you want a smoother consistency. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 436mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 0g Protein: 8g