Baked Chicken Taquitos
Ok, so I apologize for not getting a new post up on Friday. I was having some technical difficulties and couldn’t get into my blog, but everything seems to be all fixed now. I’m sorry if any of you also experienced any issues with getting on!
I’ve told you guys that my husband and I are pretty obsessed with all things Mexican. My husband loves taquitos, but I never make them at home because they are fried and we just don’t really do fried food. Baked taquitos, on the other hand, are totally cool with me.
These baked chicken taquitos are packed with great flavor and still come out nice and crunchy. I don’t miss the fried version at all. The filling couldn’t be easier to prepare, but has a lot of flavor and is studded with pops of jalapeno pepper for a kick of heat. We pretty much scarfed these right up in about two seconds. Oh, and I love dipping them in all of the things! Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, even ranch! Gimme it all! We ate these with some easy Mexican rice and beans. So they can make for a quick and tasty dinner, but they also make perfect appetizers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded (I used rotisserie)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken to the pan. In a small bowl, stir together the taco seasoning and water. Pour over the chicken and stir until well-coated. Stir in the jalapeno. Remove the mixture from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Mix in the shredded cheese.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave covered in a damp paper towel for about 30 seconds. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Take about 1-2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and place down the middle of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla up nice and tight and place seam-side down on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray each one with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes, then flip and continue baking until lightly golden, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or desired dipping sauce.
Serving Size:1 taquito (out of 8)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g