Chipotle Chicken Taquitos
The Super Bowl is almost here and as always, I’m really only interested in the food. It’s the best part, let’s be honest. Maybe it’s partly because I’m a Cleveland fan and I probably won’t see them in the Super Bowl until pigs fly…soooo, in other words, never.
Taquitos are always a great choice for game day! Everybody loves them and the fillings are quite endless! I made an easy and fun kicked up, chipotle chicken taquito and I’m in love.
These chipotle taquitos are a new favorite in my house! They have an obvious kick from the chipotle pepper, which of course, you can add more of less depending on how much spice you prefer. I’d recommend using a small chipotle pepper if you plan to serve these to little ones. The spiciness of these taquitos are nicely balanced with the cream cheese and fresh lime juice. You’ll also notice that I don’t fry these, they bake up nice and crispy in the oven. I prefer to use corn tortillas as they are more authentic and I also think they crisp up better in the oven compared to flour tortillas, but you can certainly use flour tortillas if you prefer!
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 4 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- non-stick spray
- salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole for dipping (optional)
- Add the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, cream cheese, lime juice, and garlic powder to a bowl of a food processor. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Transfer the chipotle mixture to a mixing bowl. Add in the chicken and the shredded cheese. Stir until well-combined.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave covered in a damp paper towel for about 30-50 seconds. Take about 1-2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and place down the middle of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla up tight and place seam-side down on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray each one with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes, then flip and continue baking until lightly golden, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or desired dipping sauce.
Serving Size:1 taquito
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Check out these other taquito recipes too!
Corn & Black Bean Taquitos with Creamy Avocado Dip
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos