Teedo’s Famous Salsa
Ok, so I’m starting to think that I am part Mexican. I just can’t stop posting Mexican recipes. I’m not sorry! Aside from maybe a Cinco de Mayo roundup, I will take a break from all the Mexican, okay? Good. Great. Wonderful.
Many of you might know Jenny from Picky Palate. If you don’t know Jenny, then you must visit her blog immediately! Jenny’s blog is amazing and has pretty much any recipe you will ever need!
Jenny wrote her first cookbook last fall. I received a copy of the book for Christmas and just had to dive right in. I basically want to make every recipe in this book! One recipe that has been on my list for some time is the Teedo’s Famous Salsa recipe. Teedo is the nickname Jenny has for her father and this salsa recipe is his specialty!
While I am constantly making guacamole around this house, I have not yet made my own salsa, until now! I don’t know why this took me so long because it is so easy to make! One of the ingredients that really stood out to me in this recipe was the addition of avocados. Avocados in salsa! What a brilliant idea! The avocado adds a slightly creamy texture to this salsa which is just wonderful! Next time I make it, I think I will do less time in the processor. I tend to prefer chunkier salsas!
Teedo's Famous Salsa
Yield: about 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (you can also use petite diced tomatoes)
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a food processor, add in all of the ingredients and pulse until the salsa reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve or cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission from the author, Jenny Flake Picky Palate, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012
This post contains affiliate links.