While I love a good baked cheesecake, I am a horrible baker. I’ve told you guys this before. I fully admit this. I have a brand spanking new cheesecake pan sitting in my cupboard just waiting for me to work up enough guts to make a baked cheesecake. The no-bake cheesecake is basically fool-proof. Therefore I love it. I have made pumpkin cheesecakes and Irish Cream cheesecakes. The base for these little no-bake cheesecakes is the same: cream cheese and Cool Whip. From there, you can do whatever you want! For these no-bake banana cream cheesecakes, I used instant banana cream pudding. So easy!
I will tell you that the banana flavor in this recipe is not overwhelming. If you want a stronger banana flavor, you can add a layer of sliced bananas in between the graham cracker crust and the filling or on top for garnish. Though I have never tried it, you can also consider using banana extract (you can buy imitation or natural versions of this on Amazon). I also noticed that these did not set quite as much as my other no-bake cheesecake recipes. This is probably due to the pudding, but believe me, these little guys are so scrumptious!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (divided; you can also use crushed Nilla Wafers)
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 .9-ounce package JELL-O fat free sugar free banana cream instant pudding
- 1 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 8-ounce tub Lite Cool Whip
- Cool Whip (or any whipped cream/topping)
- graham cracker crumbs
- sliced banana
- Divide the graham cracker crumbs evenly amongst your individual serving bowls (I used 6). Carefully drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs in each bowl. This will help the crumbs set. Stick the bowls into the freezer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix and milk. Let set for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and pudding. Fold in the Cool Whip until well-combined.
- Remove the bowls from the freezer. Spoon or pipe the filling evenly into each serving bowl. Place the bowls into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (I like to do mine overnight).
- Garnish with extra Cool Whip and any other desired garnishes.
Feel free to play around with the regular, reduced fat, fat free, and sugar free versions of the Cool Whip, pudding, and the cream cheese. Keep in mind that if you use all fat free products, the cheesecakes may not set as well (however, they still taste good!).
My serving bowls are from Pier 1 Imports