So…S’mores hot chocolate.
When you think about it, when you make regular hot chocolate and top it with marshmallows, you’re like already three quarters of the way there. Just throw in some graham cracker crumbs and toast those marshmallows and you are done. So simple.
But, there is something about this version. It’s fancy. So much fancier. Toasted marshmallows might be one of the greatest things ever.
If you want to make this more grown-up friendly, add a splash of Kahlua or Bailey’s.
- 3 cups milk + 1/4 cup (any kind will do)
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- sugar to taste
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- chocolate syrup (for garnish)
- splash of Kahlua or Bailey's (optional)
- Using the 1/4 cup milk, rub some of the milk along the rim of each mug. Pour some graham cracker crumbs onto a plate. Dip the mugs into the crumbs until the rims are well-lined.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining milk on medium heat until heated through. Add in the chocolate and whisk until melted. Add sugar to taste. Pour the cocoa into 2 mugs.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the marshmallows on top of each mug. Using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallows until brown. If you don't have a torch, you can use your broiler. Place the mugs on a baking sheet and broil until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top and sprinkle with extra graham cracker crumbs if desired.
Update: The mugs pictured here are from Pier 1.