Apple Pumpkintini

Apple Pumpkintini

It’s Friday! I am back home in Florida for my friend’s wedding this weekend. It’s nice to see my family again. My little brother has been calling me a “ditcher” since we moved to Arizona. He also thinks I moved 5,000 miles away. In my birthday card that he gave me right before we moved, he wrote, “Happy Birthday, Sis. You’re a ditcher. See you in the year 2020.”

It’s okay. We are going to spend the whole day together today. I ain’t no ditcher!

Apple Pumpkintini

In celebration of it being the weekend, I have created a yummy martini for you. Apple and pumpkin in one awesome drink! This is my new favorite fall drink. I love all things pumpkin and apple so having them both in the same cocktail is just perfection! Not to mention the hint of creamy vanilla and the cinnamon sugar rim! This drink is the perfect drink to serve your Thanksgiving dinner guests…or you could be like a certain someone and drink one and a half of them at 11:30 in the morning because you made them to photograph and you don’t want it to go to waste so you drink them and then end up with a raging headache for the rest of your day…

Apple Pumpkintini

Apple Pumpkintini

Yield: 2 martinis

• 2 1/2 tbs. pumpkin puree
  • 3 ounces apple cider (I used the Spiced Cider from Trader Joes)
  • 2 ounces vanilla vodka
  • 1 ounce ginger ale
  • cinnamon and sugar (for the rim)

1. In a shallow dish, mix together a couple of tablespoons of sugar and about 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Rub some apple cider along the rim of each martini glass. Dip the rim in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
  2. In a cocktail shaker, add about 3-4 ice cubes. Add in the pumpkin puree, apple cider, vodka, and ginger ale. Shake well and pour into the martini glasses and serve.

Apple Pumpkintini

35 Responses to “Apple Pumpkintini”

Viviane Bauquet Farre — November 9, 2012 at 2:25 am

Yum! A drink this delicious and attractive must be dangerous, indeed! Don’t have too much fun now!

Choc Chip Uru — November 9, 2012 at 5:59 am

Cutest and most delish drink :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 9, 2012 at 7:38 am

Ohhhh Girl, this apple pumkintini looks wonderful!!! I never thought of adding pumpkin and apple together in a mixed drink! I LOVE it!!! I don’t think I could only have one drink though??

Grubarazzi (@Grubarazzi) — November 9, 2012 at 10:25 am

Yes! I’m totally going to make this.

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — November 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I hate regular martinis so I think this would be AMAZING.

Emily @ Life on Food — November 9, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I really want to try out flavored vodkas this holiday season. This drinks sounds fabulous!

Anita at Hungry Couple — November 9, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I make apple martinis. I make pumpkin martinis. How is it that I never combined the two?? You have inspired me! :)

Ramona — November 10, 2012 at 7:38 am

That’s just fall in a glass!! Glad to hear you are back in FL with your family!! Have a wonderful time together (especially with your brother)! :)

Jo@foodepix.com — November 11, 2012 at 8:33 am

I love your pictures and I would love for you to join and share your pictures with us at foodepix.com

Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen — November 11, 2012 at 9:33 pm

This is adorable, what a great recipe :)

Rachel (teacher-chef) — November 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm

YUM – I want one of these right now (guess I’ll be making pumpkin something sooner rather than later so I have an excuse to open a can like tomorrow)!

Janet@FCTC — November 11, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Hi Steph!!! Long time, no…type? :-P

this looks totally yummy. I love pumpkin anything and I adore the idea of using cider in this too. Now to go out and get sme booze! :-D

Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} — November 11, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Hahaha, ditcher ;) Well, way to show him by spending the WHOLE day together!! This looks sooooo yummy, I can only imagine how delish it tastes. Hubby and I will be celebrating American Thanksgiving….and I think this will be on the menu!!

Jennie — November 12, 2012 at 12:43 pm

This cocktail looks so good. I made a cocktail a few weeks ago and did the same thing. I just couldn’t let it go to waste, so I drank it. Boy, was that a mistake.

Have fun with your family!

Liz — November 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Mmmmmm….glad you told me not to start sampling in the morning! The do look irresistible! Perfect for Thanksgiving :) Enjoy the time with our family~

Jackie @ Domestic Fits — November 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Even the name of this makes me happy :) and I love the cinnamon sugar rim!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — November 13, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Awesome martini! I could sip on this all day (and no, I’m not an alcoholic :)

Baking Serendipity — November 13, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I love the combination of apples and pumpkin….especially in a cocktail!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — November 13, 2012 at 9:28 pm

now THIS is my kind of cocktail!!!! I think these would be dangerous for me. they are so full of flavor, i honestly do not think i could stop at 1, 2, or 3! thanksgiving day drink perhaps? totally making these stephanie!

Anna — November 17, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I made these last night, and they were a huge hit! The only change I made was that I used Pumpkin Pie flavored vodka.

I would also suggest that unless you’re an expert with a cocktail shaker, pour the ginger ale into your martini glass and add the pumpkin and apple cider mix to it there. Shaking a carbonated drink in a semi-sealed container ended poorly for me.

Colleen, The Smart Cookie Cook — November 18, 2012 at 8:00 am

Oh this is too pretty! It sounds like I could easily make a virgin version too :) I bet it tastes like a glass of fall.

Jennifer — September 20, 2014 at 1:23 pm

This is so awesome I could have one every single day or two or three :-)

1. Pingback: 47 Incredible Thanksgiving Recipes

2. Pingback: Sunday Round Up – Thanksgiving Drinks Edition | Bibi's Culinary Journey

3. Pingback: Top 10 Posts of 2012

4. Pingback: Fall Recipes - Reasons To Skip The Housework

5. Pingback: Fall Dinner Party Ideas | Brownie Bites | Tales, Trips, Tastes, and Tinkers

6. Pingback: Thanksgiving Treats For The Whole Family | Mom-ology

7. Pingback: 100 fall recipes

8. Pingback: Top Recipes of 2013 » Eat. Drink. Love.

9. Pingback: Apple Pumpkintini Cocktail Recipe

10. Pingback: 21 Perfect Boozy Pumpkin Drinks

11. Pingback: Sew a Vintage Fall Pumpkin Pillow! Put Together a Set of Hobby-Themed Scrabble Letter Coasters! Crochet a Basket Weave Stitch Afghan! Sip on an Apple Pumpkintini! Sew a Set of Pretty Acorn Mug Rugs! Learn the Secrets of the Disappearing Nine-Patch Quilt!

12. Pingback: Sew a Vintage Fall Pumpkin Pillow! Put Together a Set of Hobby-Themed Scrabble Letter Coasters! Crochet a Basket Weave Stitch Afghan! Sip on an Apple Pumpkintini! Sew a Set of Pretty Acorn Mug Rugs! Learn the Secrets of the Disappearing Nine-Patch Quilt!

13. Pingback: Sew a Vintage Fall Pumpkin Pillow! Put Together a Set of Hobby-Themed Scrabble Letter Coasters! Crochet a Basket Weave Stitch Afghan! Sip on an Apple Pumpkintini! Sew a Set of Pretty Acorn Mug Rugs! Learn the Secrets of the Disappearing Nine-Patch Quilt!