Why am I sorry? I’m sorry because of these brownies. These incredibly decadent and fudgy brownies. There is nothing healthy about these brownies. Nutella cheesecake swirl brownies. It’s pure magic. So actually, I’m not sorry at all. Not even a little bit.
We had a potluck party for work last week and I signed up to bring a dessert. I wanted something loaded with chocolate. I brought these brownies and they were a total win. I highly recommend making them for a party because first, everyone will love them, but also, everyone will eat them and you won’t be stuck with a ton left over that you will just feel forced to eat. Because I mean, how could you ever let these babies go to waste?!
I sit firmly in the fudgy brownie camp as opposed to the cakey brownie camp. These brownies are made with dark chocolate and Nutella. It really doesn’t get any better! The key to the perfectly fudgy brownie is using only a small amount of flour and lots of chocolate! And I just really love the cheesecake topping swirled with even more Nutella. You can never have enough!
- 6 tbs. unsalted butter
- 6 ounces of good quality dark chocolate chips (I like Ghiradelli)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella, slightly melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or spray a 9x13 baking dish.
- Prepare a double boiler by placing a pot filled about half way with water on medium high heat. Place a glass bowl over the pot. Melt the butter and the dark chocolate together, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, Nutella, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly with an oiled knife or spatula.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top of the brownies and spread evenly.
- Stick the 1/2 cup Nutella in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 15 seconds. Drizzle the Nutella over the top of the cheesecake. Using a sharp knife, swirl the Nutella around into the cheesecake.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until the brownies are cooked and the cheesecake has set.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.