Well folks, me and the Hubs are back in the car and on our way home to Florida. I had an excellent weekend back on the west coast celebrating my best friend’s wedding! The wedding and the bride were absolutely gorgeous! We spent Friday getting our nails done and then of course rehearsal. Saturday morning and afternoon just seemed to fly by while we were getting all dolled up and before we knew it, it was time to walk down the aisle! Although it was a blast, I am totally wiped out from all the traveling I have been doing for the last month! It will be so nice to get back home and not have to go anywhere for a while!
I made this soup before I left for Cali again. I still wasn’t feeling too hot and wanted something really easy. It was perfect because I had a hankering for some coconut curry soup and this recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, totally my kind of weeknight meal!
Easy Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1-2 tbs. Thai red curry paste (depending on how much curry flavor you would prefer)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: fresh lime juice and cilantro
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil, onion, and garlic for about 1 minute. Add the carrots, red pepper, and green pepper and saute for about 3 minutes. Stir in the curry paste.
2. Add the chicken broth plus 1 cup of the coconut milk. Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer for another 10 minutes or so to allow the veggies to soften and to let the flavors develop! Garnish with additional sliced red pepper and/or a splash of more coconut milk.