Have I told you guys how much I love popcorn? I really love it. Compared to potato chips, it’s a much healthier snack choice to munch on and if you make it yourself, the flavor possibilities are endless!
I used to be a microwave-only kind of popcorn girl until I was in college and my old roommates and I didn’t have a microwave for a bit after we first moved in. One day we really wanted popcorn. Instead of buying a microwave, we bought plain popcorn kernels and popped some up ourselves and I have never looked back since. It just tastes better, fresher I guess.
While I am a sucker for sweet popcorn toppings, I think I prefer savory toppings a smidge more, especially when any kind of cheese is involved. Parmesan cheese is a super easy topping for popcorn as you can just sprinkle it on so one day while I was feeling adventurous, I reached for a packet of ranch seasoning and then the best popcorn ever was born! I love all things ranch I think! It’s cheesy and tangy! To make sure the flavor really comes through, I stuck the popcorn in the oven for a few minutes and it got all warm. This is the perfect snack to snuggle up on the couch with while watching a movie or reading a good book.
- Approx. 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the popcorn on a cookie sheet.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in the ranch seasoning and cheese. Pour the butter mixture over the top of the popcorn. With clean hands, toss the butter mixture with the popcorn until it is well-coated. Bake the popcorn in the oven for about 7 minutes until it just turns a light golden color. Remove and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.