Hi Friends! Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days. Hubs and I are currently making our way from Florida all the way to California to spend Christmas with his family so my internet access has been quite limited. But, we stopped for the night to get some rest and I wanted to share these cupcakes with you guys.
My brother, Mike, loves York Peppermint patties. My mom always keeps a bag hidden in the cupboard and her and Mike are always sneaking in to take one. It was Mikey’s birthday over the weekend and I wanted to make him a special treat. I have been wanting to give these cupcakes a try for some time and Mikey’s birthday was the perfect occasion! Mike seemed to enjoy the cupcakes and also said that these cupcakes were good because they also freshen your breath. So, there you go, dessert that also freshens your breath! Sounds good to me!
York Peppermint Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream Frosting
Makes 24 cupcakes
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
– 1 box devil’s food cake mix
– 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
– 4 eggs
– 3/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 24 small York Peppermint patties, frozen overnight
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Add in cake mix and pudding mix and continue mixing until well-combined.
2. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan and pour batter into cups filling each cup approximately 1/4 of the way, then place a small york peppermint patty. Fill the liner with more batter until it is about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Ingredients for the Peppermint Buttercream Frosting:
– 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
– 2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
– 6-8 tbs. milk or heavy cream
– 2 tsp. peppermint extract (or to taste)
1. Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add in confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time and continue until all sugar is creamed together with the butter. Add peppermint extract and 3 tablespoons of the milk or cream and mix. Keep adding a tablespoon of the milk or cream until your frosting is smooth. Frost the cupcakes and garnish with an additional mint or with shaved chocolate or sprinkles!
– When baking with candy, I recommend freezing it overnight, otherwise, it will melt right into the batter while it’s baking!
– If you can’t find the small-size Yorks in a bag, you can just buy the large ones and cut them up into smaller pieces!
Welcome to Eat. Drink. Love.! My name is Stephanie. Here you will find healthy and easy recipes with a few indulgences thrown in for good measure! Why the name Eat. Drink. Love.? Well, I think this is what life is all about!