15-Minute Veggie Tacos
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSwap #CollectiveBias
I eat a lot of tacos in my life. I mean, who doesn’t love tacos? I could probably eat tacos every day if you let me and I most definitely have them multiple times a month. As wonderful as tacos can be, all of the fillings and toppings can be a bit heavy. I recently teamed up with Mazola® Corn Oil to develop a better-for-you taco recipe! A recent study has found that adding Mazola® Corn Oil to one’s diet resulted in lower cholesterol levels than Coconut Oil. A previous study found that corn oil can also help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about the study, see Mazola.com. Mazola® Corn Oil is a great option for all-purpose cooking including sautéing, grilling, and even baking! I like it because it has a neutral taste that won’t negatively impact the other flavors in your dish. Also, did you know Mazola® Corn Oil is also made of 100% pure oil with no additives and is also cholesterol-free?
These veggie tacos are packed with fresh red and green bell peppers, black beans, and corn. Mazola® Corn Oil is a great heart-healthy choice over other oils. A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com. The veggies are also tossed with spices like chili powder and cumin. I opted for corn tortillas over flour as they are a better source of whole grains. For my toppings, I also kept those light choosing protein-rich Greek yogurt over sour cream and diced avocado for some healthy fats over cheese. My favorite part of this recipe though is just how quickly it all comes together in under 15 minutes which makes these lighter and better-for-you tacos perfect for an easy weeknight meatless meal!
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 15-ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounces canned corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- corn tortillas
- optional toppings: Greek yogurt, diced avocado, cilantro, etc.
- Heat the Mazola® Corn Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced peppers, black beans, and corn. In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Sprinkle the seasonings on the veggies and mix until coated.
- Cook the vegetables until tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel. Heat in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds until warmed. Serve with the cooked veggies and toppings like Greek yogurt and diced avocado.