Vegetable Lettuce Wraps
You guys, it’s August! Where the heck did July go? I feel like moving basically took up the entire month. Now we have family in town and are so busy.
I made these lettuce wraps when I was trying to clean out my fridge at the old house and they were so tasty! My regular readers may already know that I love a good lettuce wrap! I’ve got a number of different versions on my blog like Honey Chipotle Chicken, Thai Peanut Chicken, and Copycat P.F. Chang’s just to name a few.
I figured a good vegetarian lettuce wrap recipe was needed so here it is! These really couldn’t be easier. There’s just some chopping involved, but these don’t require much cooking time at all and then it’s time to eat!
I tend to prefer my lettuce wraps to be pretty simple. I don’t like a lot of toppings, but you guys can certainly dress these guys up however you please! Cheese, salsa, cilantro, sour cream, whatever you want! You could also add in other veggies or beans if desired and can easily adjust the spices as needed. You really can’t screw these up! I’m loving these easy vegetable lettuce wraps for quick weeknight dinners!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ears fresh corn, shaved
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter, bibb, or iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- diced avocado (for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the peppers and corn and cook for about 2 minutes. Then, add in the black beans, green onion, and all of the seasonings. Stir until the vegetables are well-coated in the spices. Feel free to adjust any of the spices to your taste. Cook for about 6-8 more minutes or until the veggies are tender. Remove from the heat and into a serving bowl.
- Serve with rinsed lettuce leaves and diced avocado or other toppings of your choice.
Serving Size:about 4 lettuce wraps with 3 tablespoons filling per wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 12gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g