Tuscan-Style Rosemary Chicken
I’ve been blogging here since 2011 and I’ve recently been going through all of my old posts and it’s crazy to think there are well over 900 recipes on my blog (spoiler alert: The blog is getting a makeover really soon!). And what’s crazier is all of the delicious recipes that I made in those first years that have been long forgotten complete with the most hideous photo taken with my crappy camera. This Tuscan-Style Rosemary Chicken was one of them and as soon as I saw it, I wanted to remake it ASAP!
This chicken is so so easy to make and is also really flavorful and the sauce makes it such a comforting dinner. It comes together in just about 20 minutes total which makes it perfect for easy weeknight meals!
The chicken breasts cook in a pan for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned. The sauce consists of the pan drippings, a pat of butter, some vinegar, shallot, flour for thickening, white wine, rosemary, and beef broth! The chicken then goes back into the pan to finish cooking with the tasty sauce and it’s ready to be enjoyed in just minutes.
The recipe will give you enough of the sauce to drizzle over the chicken, but I sometimes find myself wanting more of it so feel free to make extra sauce! If you are wondering what to sides to make with this, I recommend pasta, mashed potatoes, or some rice. I would definitely make extra sauce to drizzle as a gravy over pasta or mashed potatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup beef broth
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add extra virgin olive oil to pan and the garlic cloves. Heat for 30 seconds. Brown chicken 2-3 minutes on each side and remove from pan.
2. Add vinegar to the pan and allow for it to cook off. Add the butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook for another minute. Whisk in the wine and reduce for 1 minute. Whisk in the beef broth and allow the sauce to come to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 7-8 minutes to allow the chicken to cook thoroughly.
Slightly adpated from Rachel Ray
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
This post was originally posted in October 2011. It has been updated with fresh photos and the recipe was slightly adapted.