Tuna Stuffed Avocado
One of my favorite lunches is tuna salad. My whole family loves tuna, including my toddler who is ridiculously picky. Anyway, tuna salad is the perfect lunch because it’s so quick and it’s nice and light on the stomach. While I typically eat my tuna salad on bread or with crackers, stuffing it into a ripe avocado is really the best idea ever. I’m all about finding any excuse to stuff an avocado!
The tuna salad for this recipe is pretty basic. Just a touch of mayo or Greek yogurt, some green onion, celery, and almonds. I like it simple, but you can obviously spruce yours up however you prefer! This is the perfect lunch for when you are short on time and is easy to bring to work. When bringing to work, I store the tuna salad in a separate container and then slice my avocado at my desk so it’s fresh. When eating this, I dig into both the salad and avocado together. You can also scoop some of the avocado into the tuna salad, totally up to you!
- Approx. 2.6 ounces chunk light tuna
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons diced celery (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and sliced in half
- In a small bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, almonds, green onion, celery, and salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into each half of the avocado. Serve.
Serving Size:1/2 stuffed avocado
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g