Triple Chocolate Cookies
Happy kitchen accidents are truly one of the best things in the world. Case in point, these tripe chocolate cookies. I needed to bring a dessert to a work party last month and forgot to pick up ingredients at the store to bake something. So, I looked through my pantry and realized I had all the ingredients I would need for some cookies. I was going to make my favorite chocolate chip cookies, but wanted to try something a little more decadent too. Adding more chocolate is always the answer! Luckily, these cookies came out just as I’d hoped – rich, soft, and perfectly decadent!
I adapted my chocolate chip cookie recipe and added both dark cocoa powder and regular cocoa powder along with a big heap of chocolate chips. When these first came out of the oven, they had a bit of a crisp to them, but after sitting in a container overnight, they had gotten really soft and chewy and were even dreamier than the night before! This is a great, slightly more sophisticated cookie recipe to bring to a party for both adults and kids. My husband and I are obsessed with these chocolately cookies! If you want even more chocolate, you can also throw in some white chocolate chips if desired.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until well-combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for at least two hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or line with a silicone baking mat. Remove the dough from the fridge and let sit for about 10 minutes. Use a cookie scoop (I use a medium scoop) or drop tablespoonful of the dough on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g