Three Bean Turkey Chili
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by OXO.
It’s warming up fast here in Phoenix. Way too fast for my liking. I’m going to continue to be in denial about this and keep making a hearty chili just like this Three Bean Turkey Chili! Plus, I know for many of you in other places, it’s still freezing! So chili it is today! I love a good hearty chili packed with beans and veggies. A big bowl of warm chili is so comforting and filling! I’ve been making some version of this chili for many years now. It’s super simple to put together and is pretty inexpensive, but makes a huge pot that lasts for days!
To help me make this chili, my good friends at OXO sent me a few fun tools to try out! They sent me their Ground Meat Chopper and Turner, Silicone Ladle, and the Vegetable Chopper with Easy-Pour Opening. I never would have expected to love the meat chopper as much as I did. I figured it might be one of those tools that seems cool, but is not that useful, but I was pleasantly surprised how much faster I was able to chop up the ground turkey compared to the spatulas I typically use. It’s sturdier and made it a lot easier and I will definitely be using it again and again! The vegetable chopper was great for chopping the onion and pepper in just a few minutes. A good ladle is a must in every kitchen and I love the silicone and non-stick material that the OXO ladle is made from!
This is truly one of my most favorite chili recipes. It’s also easy to customize if you want to change things up too. Want to keep it vegetarian? Leave out the turkey and use veggie broth. You can add more or less of your favorite spices too. And of course, what’s a bowl of chili without the awesome toppings?! Lots of possibilities!
Three Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Suggested toppings: shredded cheese, cilantro, diced avocado, sour cream, etc.
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and green pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add in the turkey breast. Break apart with a spatula (or the OXO Meat Chopper!) and continue cooking until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper. Then add in the beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Stir until well-combined. Lower the heat to low and cover. Let the chili simmer for at least 20-30 minutes, but up to 1 hour is recommended for best flavor. Season with salt and pepper or additional spices as needed. Serve with desired toppings.
Full Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by OXO. They sent me the tools mentioned in this post to use in a recipe. I have an ongoing relationship with OXO as I truly love their products. I was not compensated monetarily for this post. All opinions and text in this post are my own.