Sweet Pea Feta Parmesan Dip
Happy Hump Day, friends! You will have to excuse me as I am totally exhausted from driving from Montreal all the way to Florida these past few days! Not to mention all that traveling we did in Cleveland! I will share some details of our trip later this week, but while I try to get settled in, I have a really special treat for you all!
Today, I am so happy to have the fabulous Cassie from Bake Your Day as a guest poster! I have been reading Cassie’s blog for some time now and she is seriously one of the sweetest gals ever! And you can pretty much find any kind of recipe you want on her blog because she makes it all! Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing, Spicy Peanut Noodle Stir-Fry, Butterscotch Cashew Pretzel Cookies, White Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Tomato, Vegan Banana Nut Breakfast Cake, and I could go on and on! So, after you check out the delicious recipe Cassie prepared for today, go check out some of her other recipes! Take it away, Cassie!
Hi Eat, Drink, Love readers! I am Cassie and I blog about my love for life and food at Bake Your Day. I have loved watching this space grow, Stephanie has some creative ideas, and she always seems to put a great healthy spin on her recipes.
I decided to take a somewhat healthy spin on the recipe for today with a dip. I love dips. Actually, I love all snack foods. But let’s face it: snacks usually don’t have many health benefits to them. This one, however, is sort of sneaky because the base of the dip is sweet peas. I added lots of garlic and feta cheese, along with lemon juice and fresh sage leaves. It is crisp, light and almost refreshing for a summer party!
I have never actually been a fan of peas but for some reason I have had the idea of a pea dip in my head for quite some time. For some reason I was just convinced that pureed peas would somehow be different than their whole form. And I was right, I adored this dip. The peas paired perfectly with the cheeses and garlic and the texture was very pleasing. Just don’t tell anyone it’s made with peas!
Sweet Pea Feta Parmesan Dip
- 2 cups shelled peas
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and blanch for 30 seconds. Transfer the peas to an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, add the feta cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, sage, and remaining salt to a food processor. Drain the peas and add them to the food processor. Pulse just until the mixture comes together and is smooth. Add the olive oil and pulse until distributed.
- Spoon the dip into a bowl and sprinkle on freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve the dip with grilled baguette, tortilla chips or crackers.