Summer Cobb Salad
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.
When you think of the perfect summer meal, what do you think of? For me, it’s a lot of fresh salads and tall glasses of Lipton fresh-brewed iced tea! It just makes me think of lazy and relaxing lunches in the sun with family and friends, and well, that just makes me pretty happy! Summer should be all about spontaneous days with loved ones enjoying the summer weather whether you are pool-side or on a picnic. I could sit outside all day with a glass of iced tea just disconnecting and chatting with loved ones! I have fond memories from when I was younger of my dad brewing iced tea out in the backyard sun followed by summer cookouts with family. Now as an adult, I live off fresh iced tea and salads all summer long!
And what is my most favorite salad of all time? The Cobb Salad. I just love the toppings. And today, I’ve created a fun summer version of the Cobb Salad! This summery version is loaded with fresh strawberries and blueberries, creamy diced avocado, jack cheese, almonds, and chicken! The dressing is also easy and fabulous. It’s my go-to dressing recipe that always works well with any salad.
Like most salads, this Summer Cobb salad is totally customizable. You can also add fresh peaches, corn, or any other fresh summer produce you prefer. Either way, you really can’t go wrong with this summer-take on the classic Cobb salad!
For the balsamic dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons honey
For the salad:
- 4 cups preferred lettuce mix
- 1 cup hulled and diced strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups diced chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup diced jack cheese (or mozzarella)
- To make the dressing, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and the honey in a small bowl. Whisk together until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a serving bowl, add the lettuce. Arrange the remaining ingredients on top. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to combine. Serve with Lipton fresh-brewed iced tea!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.