Stuffed Chicken Tortillas
Stuffed Chicken Tortillas. You might have read that and wondered, what the heck is a stuffed chicken tortilla? Isn’t that the same thing as a quesadilla or a taco?
I’m not gonna lie to you guys, yes, that is pretty accurate. But, see, The Cheesecake Factory used to have stuffed chicken tortillas on their menu and they were one of my favorite dishes to order. It had been quite some time since I last went, but upon a recent order, I realized that they removed them from their menu and I’ve been a sad panda!
I’m not going to say these are a copycat of The Cheesecake Factory version because they are not an exact match, but these were certainly inspired by their dish.
These could not be easier to make, guys. Just take some shredded chicken, corn, spices, and mix them in some salsa and cheese on the stove to heat. Then, you just stuff some tortillas, throw them on a pan and broil until the cheese is bubbly and that’s it. You’ve got yourself a super easy dinner that is ready in like 20 minutes!
Serve them with your favorite toppings for dinner or even as an appetizer!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups shredded chicken (like rotisserie)
- 3/4 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper (optional)
- approx. 8-10 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken, corn, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder (and jalapeño, if using). Stir in the 3/4 cup of salsa until well-mixed and the chicken is heated, about 3-5 minutes. Then, stir in 1 cup of the jack cheese. Remove from the heat.
- Wrap the tortillas in some damp paper towels. Steam them in the microwave for about 45 seconds-1 minute. Set oven to broil. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Take a tortilla and spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken and corn mixture into the center. Fold in half and tuck the corners inwards (see photos). Place the stuffed tortilla down on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Spread a thin layer of the remaining salsa on top of each tortilla followed by the remaining cheese. Place the cookie sheet under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted. Serve with desired toppings and sauces/dips.
Serving Size:2 tortillas (10 total)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483 Total Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 111mg Sodium: 694mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 4.2g Sugar: 3.2g Protein: 42g