Strawberry Yogurt Cheesecake Parfaits
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the Dairy Council of Arizona. I am proud to participate and promote in their June Dairy Month program. I have been compensated for my work, but all opinions stated in this post are my own.
Today’s post is all about dairy and this dessert has a lot of it! I’m so happy to be teaming up with the Dairy Council of Arizona to help promote June Dairy Month! This month, AZ milk producers plan to donate 1,600 gallons of milk to families in need. If you live in Arizona, please scroll to the bottom of this post for more information on how you can participate in this wonderful program!
Sometimes it is not always easy to get in your daily dose of dairy, but what better way to pack it in than with a yummy dessert?! I’ve chosen one of my favorite sources of dairy: yogurt! Yogurt is such a versatile ingredient. You can eat it straight from the container, bake with it, mix it up in a smoothie, or in this case, a no-bake cheesecake!
These parfaits are bursting with fresh strawberry flavor making it the perfect summer dessert! You can layer them however you want to and best of all, they are no-bake! These parfaits make for the perfect summer dessert that the whole family will love and best of all, everyone gets their daily dose of dairy!
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) tub of whipped topping (plus more for topping if desired), thawed
- Add the strawberries and sugar to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Divide about 3/4 cup of the graham cracker crumbs evenly amongst individual serving bowls or ramekins and press down to make a crust. Drizzle some of the butter over the crumbs in each dish. Place the bowls in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the yogurt, cream cheese, and 4 ounces of the whipped topping until smooth and well-combined. Stir in the strawberry puree.
- Remove the bowls from the freezer. Pipe or spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling to each serving bowl. Then spoon about 2 tablespoons of the whipped topping on top. Sprinkle another 1-2 tablespoons of the remaining graham crakcer crumbs on top. Divide the leftover yogurt filling amongst each bowl and top with a dollop of the leftover whipped topping (see note). Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving (overnight is best).
There is really no right or wrong way to layer these parfaits. I did multiple layers, but if you just want to do one layer each of the filling, that is fine (and that might be best for young children who want a smaller portion). It might depend on the size and shape of your serving dishes/bowls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
If you are an Arizona resident, we encourage you to visit dairycouncilofaz.org from June 1 – 30 to participate in “Daily Dose of Dairy” for the chance to win a daily prize, which includes a $25 grocery gift card and a Shamrock Farms free dairy certificate. Each time someone enters, the recommended daily intake of dairy (three servings) will be donated to the United Food Bank. All entrants are eligible to win the grand prize – a $250 grocery gift card and an Arizona Milk Producers prize!
Also as part of the program, we invite Arizonans to make your own milk donation to the Great American Milk Drive, which makes it easy to donate milk to food insecure families in our community. Donating will be as easy as the click of a few buttons on Arizona Milk Producers website!
For more information and to enter the “Daily Dose of Dairy” giveaway, visit dairycouncilofaz.org.