Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
I’m not sure what is happening with this year, but Easter is already this weekend and I cannot believe it! I know Easter brunch is a big deal for a lot of you so I wanted to give you these crazy delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes to add to your menu!
Crepes seem so fancy, but are actually pretty easy to make which makes them perfect for impressing your breakfast and brunch guests! There may seem like a lot of steps involved to make these and it can take some time to make the crepes, but keep in mind that you can make the crepes in advance. In fact, I always make mine days before I actually need them. They freeze really well too. You just need to defrost and warm them before assembling!
The strawberry cheesecake filling is made with fresh strawberry puree, cream cheese, and fresh whipped cream and a touch of powdered sugar. I pureed about 1 cup of fresh strawberries and mixed in a little over half of the puree into the cream cheese mixture.
I have found it doesn’t take a ton to give it that strawberry flavor and pretty pink color and adding too much can make the filling a bit runny. So you will start by adding about half of it, taste to see if the flavor is strong enough and that the mixture isn’t too runny before adding more. The filling isn’t super thick, but shouldn’t be super thin either. These crepes are perfect for Easter and Mother’s Day brunch and are sure to impress!
For the crepes:
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the strawberry cheesecake filling:
1 cup fresh quartered strawberries
2 cups heavy cream
6 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the flour and mix until well-combined.
- Using a non-stick pan that is approximately 6-7 inches in diameter, heat pan on medium heat. When pan is heated, add a small pat of butter. Use a heat resistant brush to spread butter evenly around the pan.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the heated and buttered pan. Pick up the pan and quickly swirl the batter around the pan so that it covers the bottom of the pan. Tip: As you continue to cook each crêpe, you may find that your pan is getting too hot. If this is the case, remove pan from heat and wipe with a damp cloth in between each crêpe. You can also lower the heat.
- Cook the crêpe for approximately 2 minutes and then using a fork, gently turn the crêpe over and cook it on the other side for another 2 minutes or so until golden on both sides. You can turn it back to the other side again if needed. Remove the crêpe from the pan and put onto some wax paper to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Make the strawberry cheesecake filling. Puree the strawberries in a food processor blender until smooth and set aside. In a separate bowl, add the heavy cream and beat until fluffy and stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Then mix in the cream cheese and powdered sugar until just combined. Fold in about half the strawberry puree. If you'd like more strawberry flavor, add more of the puree.
- Serve the crêpes warm (if they are not already warm, you can heat them briefly in a pan on the stove or in the microwave). Spoon about 1/4 cup of the strawberry cheesecake filling into the middle of each crêpe, fold in half, and then in half once more (you can also put the filling in the center and roll up like a tortilla). Top with sliced fresh strawberries, syrup, whipped cream, etc. and serve.
Serving Size: 2 crepes
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 520Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 11g