Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfait
I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is already next week! The month is already almost half over and I can’t handle how quickly 2018 is flying by so far! Valentine’s Day is typically all about decadent treats and fancy dinners. Between all of the sweets at work and our go-to celebratory fondue dinner, I like to balance the day out with some healthier options! And even better if I can find a way to include any type of cheesecake!
This Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfait couldn’t be easier. I just mixed up some cream cheese and strawberry yogurt with a touch of maple syrup for sweetness. Then you will layer it with your favorite granola (whatever brand and flavor you prefer!) and fresh sliced strawberries and breakfast is ready! I garnished mine with some cute sprinkles.
These parfaits are perfect any time of the year and also work well for brunch or even showers (you can create mini parfait cups!). You can mix the cheesecake layer the night before, however I wouldn’t recommend actually putting all of the layers together as it would make the granola soften overnight. If you want the granola to stay crunchy, layer everything shortly before you plan to serve it.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 3/4 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- Optional: nuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, and sweetener until well-combined.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of granola into the bottom of a ramekin or jar, followed by a few spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture, and then sliced strawberries. Repeat these layers with the remaining ingredients. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 279mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 4.2g Sugar: 38g Protein: 17.6g