Spring Pea, Mint, & Feta Salad
It’s that time of the year when I am so ready for allll of the fresh veggies for spring! Peas and radishes are in season and while you may not think of using them as a salad, you are missing out! This simple salad is refreshing and can be served as a side dish or as a light lunch.
Start off with peas, of course. You can get fresh ones and shell them yourself or if you are feeling kinda lazy, used bagged fresh or frozen. Slice up some radishes and toss in some fresh chopped mint, and crumble lots of feta on top. For the dressing, I whisked together some fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and a bit of honey. The honey provides a nice balance with the lemon and mint. This is a very simple dish that you can also prep ahead of time!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- You can use fresh or frozen peas for this recipe. If using fresh and you need to shell the peas, toss them in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then toss in a bowl with ice water to blanche. The shell will come off easier now!
- If using frozen peas, bring them to a simmer in a pot and let cook for about 4 minutes. Drain and let cool before mixing into the salad.
- You can also add some sliced red onion for added flavor, color, and texture in this recipe.
- If you want to make this a true “salad”, arugula or spring mix lettuce works well with the other flavors in this!
- 3 cups green peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt
- Add the peas to a salad bowl or serving dish. Arrange the radishes, mint, and feta cheese on top. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt to taste. Drizzle on top of salad and toss. Serve at room temp or chill (without dressing) until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 7g