Spinach Artichoke Zucchini Boats
Why is Spinach Artichoke Dip so dang good? I mean, it’s seriously one of my most favorite dips in the world. I adore the cream cheese base mixed with spinach and artichoke. It’s the perfect balance of flavor and texture! One of the worst things about it though is all the bread or crackers that you can stop dipping into said dip.
I got a wicked craving for spinach artichoke dip a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t want to blow my diet on all those carbs for dipping! My solution? Stuff the dip into some zucchini. Best idea ever! It’s like this dip and zucchini were meant to be best friends forever. The zucchini is perfectly tender and the spinach artichoke filling is creamy, cheesy, and downright delicious! These zucchini boats are the perfect vehicle for this dip!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained, pat dry
- 3/4 cup, roughly chopped artichokes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Then, use a spoon to scoop out the insides of the zucchini to make small wells for the filling. Arrange the boats on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream cheese, about 3/4 cup of the jack cheese, and garlic powder to a bowl of a food processor. Process until combined and smooth. Then add in the spinach and artichoke. Pulse until the artichokes are mostly broken up, (but you can pulse as much as desired depending on your preferred texture of the mixture).
- Divide the mixture evenly into each zucchini boat, spreading to fill the entire well. Sprinkle the remaining jack cheese on top of each zucchini boat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted and golden.
Serving Size:1 boat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g