Spicy Chex Mix
So I made this Spicy Chex Mix a really long time ago, like back in the fall before baby arrived. And then I totally forgot that I made it and found the photos sitting on my computer recently while doing some cleaning and freaked out that I forgot about it because this Chex Mix is the bombdiggity (yes, I just said bombdiggity. I’m so 90’s)! Chex Mix is such a classic party dish, isn’t it? It’s one of those things where once you start eating it, you can’t stop digging into the bowl.
This is the perfect party mix to make if you are having friends over for game watching, game playing, or even for road trip snacks. The spiciness comes in thanks to the sriracha sauce. Sriracha is also bombdiggity and I want to put it on all of the things. It makes this Chex Mix extra special and addictive!
I used corn and wheat Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and Cheez-Its, but like any party mix, you can always change up the ingredients if you want to add in more fun stuff like popcorn, other cereals or nuts, etc!
Spicy Chex Mix
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup srircha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the sriracha, garlic powder, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine the Chex cereals, pretzels, peanuts, and Cheez-It crackers in a large bowl. Pour the sriracha and butter mixture over and toss until everything is coated. Spread the Chex mixture in an even layer on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes and then use a spatula to stir and flip the Chex mix over. Bake for another 15 minutes. Let cool and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
If you end up adding in more ingredients than what is stated in the recipe, you will want to make more of the sauce!