Southwestern Turkey Wrap
You know what really sucks? Having to leave my baby every morning to go to work. We are so blessed that my husband can stay home with her during the day, but it still isn’t easy for me to leave her. She knows when Mommy goes to get her purse and computer bag that she’s leaving and follows me to the door. Then, she gives me a kiss and waves goodbye and I die of sadness that I have to leave my house. Yup, I HATE IT!
Because I’d rather soak up my morning time with my littlest love, I typically only have like 5-10 minutes to pack my lunch. Wraps are pretty much my go-to for lunch these days. I like to switch them up with my salads. They are super simple to make and my current favorite is this Southwestern Turkey Wrap!
The filling is quite simple. I loaded this wrap with spinach, black beans, deli turkey, and sliced avocado. I also smeared some sour cream mixed with my favorite salsa (TJ’s). It’s light and healthy, packed with protein and just downright tasty! Pack some extra salsa for dipping and it’s the best lunch!
- 1 large tortilla or flatbread (like Flatout)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (can also use cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup black beans (I used canned, rinsed and drained)
- 3 ounces deli turkey, sliced or shaved thin
- 1/3 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- Lay the wrap flat on a cutting board. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and salsa. Spread the mixture over the wrap, leaving about 1/4-inch around the edges.
- Arrange the spinach, black beans, turkey, and then the avocado on top. To wrap, fold up two ends of the wrap, then roll the wrap up from the other sides pushing the filling together as you roll. Slice and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 1331mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 21g Sugar: 6g Protein: 30g
Try my Spicy Peanut Chicken Wrap too!