I know I typically try to post healthier recipes on this blog, but sometimes you just gotta for it and say screw it. It was one of those weekends last week where everything just seemed like a big mess. We were running so far behind on every errand we needed to run and the girls both were acting up everywhere we went. Madeline was running around like a crazy person and Natalie just wants to be held constantly, otherwise she loses it. Ugh. A giant chocolate and marshmallow shake was desperately needed. It’s summer and S’mores milkshakes should be the official milkshake of summer!
To make the shake, you just need some good quality chocolate ice cream, vanilla extract, and marshmallow cream. I know, I know, some of you may be thinking marshmallow cream is a no-go, and you totally don’t have to add it if you don’t want to! But, seriously, to get more of that s’mores flavor, you will want to add the marshmallow cream. You can also try adding marshmallow extract, though I haven’t tried that yet. For the topping, I dipped the rims of the glasses in chocolate syrup and graham cracker crumbs. And what would a s’mores shake be without the toasted marshmallows on top?! To toast the marshmallows, I used my handy kitchen torch.
- chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup marshmallow cream
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup milk (can add more or less to achieve desired thickness
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate sauce, graham cracker crumbs
- Pour some chocolate sauce into a shallow bowl and the graham cracker crumbs in another bowl or dish. Dip the rims of two milkshake glasses in the chocolate sauce followed by the graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- Add the marshmallow cream to a microwave-safe dish. Heat for about 15 seconds.
- Add the ice cream, melted marshmallow cream, milk, and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth. You can add more milk to thin the shake as desired.
- Top each shake with whipped cream and marshmallows. To toast the marshmallows, use a kitchen torch or in the broiler and carefully transfer to each shake. Serve.
Serving Size:1 shake (without toppings)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8.4gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 50gProtein: 9g