Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
This weekend made me so happy. College football started and it’s starting to cool down. I also ordered my first batch of fall scented candles an soaps. It’s definitely my happy time!
With the kids back in school, crazy schedules, and cooler weather, the slow cooker always seems to find its way out of the cupboard more and more as the fall ticks on. This Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff is the perfect dinner to make when you don’t feel like putting much effort into cooking dinner. If you have a fancy programmable slow cooker, you can get it all ready in the morning and come to some seriously delicious chicken!
Chicken stroganoff is totally a comfort food for me. I remember my dad making some version of it a lot when I was a kid. I love the creamy and tangy gravy loaded with tender chicken and mushrooms and served over buttery egg noodles. It’s simple, but really flavorful! You may notice this version only has the small mushrooms from the soup in it, but if you want to saute up more to toss in, feel free. I also highly recommend adding some white wine into the sauce. It’s not very much, but adds a lot of flavor!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans condensed 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional) or water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- approx. 12 ounces medium or wide egg noodles
- Place the diced chicken into the slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together the soup, onion mix, and the wine (or water). Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. During the last ten minutes of cooking, stir in the sour cream.
- Just before the chicken is done, prepare the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain, season with butter, salt, and pepper. Spoon the noodles into shallow bowls. Spoon the chicken mixture over the noodles and serve.
Serving Size:1 cup chicken and sauce with 1 cup noodles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
Check out my Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe too!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff