Skinny Nutella Shake
Friday= milkshake time.
Ever since the year began, I’ve been kind of crazy about smoothies and shakes. While I always love a milkshake loaded with delicious ice cream, I don’t have them very often for obvious reasons.
The key to making a “skinny” shake is the use of a frozen banana. If you have never tried it before, blending a banana for a few minutes results in something quite magical. It becomes silky and creamy, just like ice cream! Sometimes I like to just blend a frozen banana in my food processor and toss in some peanut butter or Nutella and it always satisfies my cravings for ice cream, but without the guilt!
I buy bananas just for the sole purpose of letting them get nice and ripe so I can slice them up and toss them in a freezer bag for shakes and smoothies (or of course, banana bread). They give all of my smoothies that shake-like consistency, which I love oh so much! This Nutella version is the perfect dessert for the warm summer months. It’s rich and chocolatey, but not too heavy. Also, since it doesn’t actually contain any ice cream, this totally means you can have it for breakfast too!
- 1 small frozen ripe banana, cut into chunks (I cut mine before putting them in the freezer)
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (can also use skim milk, soy, or coconut)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Nutella
- Add the banana and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, about 4-5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and Nutella and blend until well-combined.
Nutrition (for 1 large shake): Calories: 261; Fat: 9.8g; Carbs: 40g; Sugars: 28.4g; Protein: 3.8g; WW PointsPlus: 7
Serving Size:1 shake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g