Skinny Marble Cheesecake Bars
It’s Monday. To make your day a little brighter, I’m bringing you cheesecake! And not just any cheesecake, but a skinny cheesecake!
Ever since I made my Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Bars, I’ve been thinking of more skinny versions to make. Obviously, a version involving chocolate was a must! And while I adore the lemon version, I’m a chocolate girl all the way so I think I might actually like this marble version even more!
To keep these light, I used Greek yogurt, reduced fat cream cheese, and considerably less sugar than your average cheesecake dessert. These bars are a great compromise for when you are wanting something a little decadent, but without all the guilt!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (or Neufchâtel cheese), softened
- 3/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil with some overhang on the side.
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well-combined. Press the crumbs into the lined baking dish. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Set aside to make filling.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl for about 1 minute. Beat in the yogurt, sugar, egg whites, and the flour for about 3 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips by heating for 30 seconds, stirring, and heating in 10 second increments if needed until melted. Scoop out about 2/3 cup of the cheesecake batter. Stir together with the melted chocolate. Pour the plain cheesecake filling into the baking dish over the crust. Then dollop the chocolate cheesecake batter over the plain batter. Use a knife to swirl the chocolate batter in with the plain batter.
- Bake the bars for 20 minutes. Cover the pan with foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 25 minutes. Then store in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g