Baked Shrimp Scampi
I’m typically not a big fan of shrimp, but this shrimp scampi recipe meets my approval! My grandma used to make this shrimp scampi all of the time when she used to be a cook in a restaurant with my great-grandmother. While many scampi recipes are cooked on the stove, I like to bake mine in the oven with some breadcrumbs! I recommend serving the shrimp with my pasta aglio e olio, roasted potatoes, or steamed veggies!
– 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I also like to cut the tails off, but you can certainly leave them on if you want!)
– 1 tsp. salt
– 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
– 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
– 1 1/2 Tbs. white wine
– 2 Tbs. butter
– 1 1/2 Tbs. bread crumbs
– salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a pie dish or small baking dish, arrange shrimp in a single layer.
2. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and white wine. Whisk together and drizzle evenly over the shrimp. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the shrimp.
3. Cut butter into small cubes and place a cube of the butter over each piece of the shrimp.
4. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.