Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Life has been so crazy lately. Work has been so busy for me and we have all been pretty sick. Things have been super hectic and I’ve been getting home later. Dinners have been sort of a hassle so I’ve been trying to make some new recipes that are super easy to prepare and involve as little hands-on time as possible. Sheet pan dinners to the rescue!
This Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes is very simple to prepare! Juicy and tender chicken breasts (or you can use chicken thighs!), diced gold potatoes, onion, and some bell peppers. It’s just a delicious sheet pan dinner!
This dinner takes about 45 minutes so it’s not super quick, but requires very little hands-on time! The potatoes do need more time to cook than everything else, so you will start out with getting them into the oven to cook for about 20 minutes. After that, everything else is added to the sheet pan including the chicken breasts, bell peppers, and onion. Another 25 minutes in the oven and dinner is ready! And best of all, clean up is a breeze! Just toss the parchment and rinse the sheet pan clean!
As you can see, the seasonings for this recipe are pretty simple, just some salt and olive oil. If you have a favorite seasoning mix or want to add additional seasonings, go for it! Italian seasoning would work well. If bell peppers aren’t your thing, feel free to change them up with other veggies like broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms!
I made a smaller portion of this recipe for the photographs as I just needed a couple of servings. With two large chicken breasts, you will get 4 servings by cutting them in half. If your chicken is already trimmed and already a thinner cut, you can skip slicing the breasts in half and just add four pieces.
- 2 pounds gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the potatoes to the pan. Drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil and one teaspoon of salt to the potatoes and toss to coat. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, use a spatula to move the potatoes and make room in the center of the baking sheet. Add the chicken breasts to the middle. Then arrange the onions and peppers in with the potatoes. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the chicken and vegetables and season with the salt and the rosemary. Toss the vegetables together.
- Place the baking sheet back into the oven and continue roasting for an additional 20-25 minutes until the potatoes and vegetables are tender and the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Season with additional salt and rosemary if desired (a drizzle of fresh lemon juice is also delicious on the chicken!). Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1165mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g