Rotisserie Chicken Recipe Roundup
The rotisserie chicken. It’s no secret I’m a fan. I work full-time and am always looking for shortcuts in the kitchen, especially during the week and rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (or homemade) is a definite staple in our fridge. Although roasting your own chicken is quite simple and tasty, I have no shame about picking up chickens from the grocery store. It’s just easier and they are still nice and juicy and delish! I use rotisserie chicken in so many recipes from appetizers, salads, soups, sandwiches, and main dishes. I’ve rounded up some of my faves and I hope these will give you guys some great recipe ideas using one of my favorite shortcuts in the kitchen!
(from top, left to right)
Rotisserie chicken is perfect for quick appetizers. I use it for dips, nachos, taquitos, and small bites!
– Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites – These guys are perfect for game day!
– Chicken Salad Wonton Cups – I love these wonton cups for light lunches or a bridal or baby shower.
– Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos – These are another fave of ours for game day!
– Skinny Taco Dip Cups– The original recipe doesn’t call for chicken, but you could easily add some for a heartier dip.
– Greek Nachos – I love these nachos! Rotisserie chicken would be a great addition!
Salads, Soups, and Sandwiches:
When it comes to soups, salads, and sandwiches, I almost always use rotisserie chicken because it’s fast, which is key for me when it comes to prepping lunches!
– Chicken Broccoli Slaw – Not a traditional salad, but a great alternative packed with protein!
– Southwest Chicken Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing – One of my favorite salads! And the dressing is nice and light making it perfect for lunch or a quick summer dinner!
– Avocado Mango Chicken Salad – Rotisserie chicken is perfect for a quick chicken salad!
– 30-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup – My favorite soup ever. I also will sometimes use rotisserie chicken if I want to make a really quick chicken noodle soup when I don’t have time to make my own stock.
– Spicy Peanut Chicken Wrap – I love making this wrap for lunches. I make a double batch of the dressing so I have it handy and ready to go!
– Southwestern Chicken Sandwich – Rotisserie chicken works well for any sandwich, but we love using it for these Southwestern sandwiches.
I have found that rotisserie chicken works really well for Italian and Mexican dishes. I toss it in pasta dishes all of the time. Since rotisserie chicken shreds easily, it’s perfect for tacos, quesadillas, and enchiladas!
– White Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas – I can’t even tell you how much I love these creamy enchiladas!
– Stovetop Chicken Enchiladas – It’s a tough call between these and my spinach enchiladas, we have both often.
– Cobb Salad Pizza – If you don’t have turkey handy, rotisserie chicken is a great substitute in my Cobb Salad Pizza. Heck, it works on any pizza! Try a BBQ chicken, buffalo chicken, or a Mexican style pizza!
– Creamy Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups – These lasagna rolls are nice and quick to prepare thanks to rotisserie chicken!
Do you use rotisserie chicken as a shortcut in your kitchen? What are some of your favorite recipes?