Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
Yes, more red velvet. Red Velvet Pancakes were just not enough. Valentine’s Day gets me all in the red velvet mood, what can I say? You guys are okay with this, right?!
Valentine’s Day always makes me miss being a kid. I used to love going to the store to pick out cards to hand out in class. I usually went for ones that had a Disney princess or the girliest ones I could find. I remember giving the “coolest” cards to my closest friends. Valentine’s Day at school was always kind of a waste of a school day. Decorating bags or boxes to hold all of the cards, and then of course came all the treats and candy. And then of course, it was always fun to go through cards. It always sucked when someone else gave out the same cards as you did.
These red velvet rice krispie treats are perfect to bring to a school party, but also perfect to enjoy with a glass of champagne! I love the look of the pink candy melts drizzled on top, but you can also use white chocolate (but, you guys know how I feel about that…). Oh, and then sprinkles. Sprinkles are a must.
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup red velvet cake mix
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- pink candy melts or white chocolate (for drizzling on top)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted. Mix in the red velvet cake mix.
- Pour in the cereal and mix until it is well-coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Using greased hands, spread and press down with your hands.
- Melt some pink candy melts or white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle on top. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Let the treats dry for about 2 hours before cutting.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g